Prepration: 30 mins.
Cooking: 16 mins.
Makes 12 Cal/Ser 54
Ingredients of Chicken Tikka
- 500 gm boneless chicken
1ST MARINADE of Chicken Tikka
- 2 tbsp vinegar or lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt, ½ tsp red chilli powder, 1 tbsp oil
2ND MARINADE of Chicken Tikka
- ¾ cup yogurt (dahi) - hang for 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp thick malai or cream
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- ¼ tsp black salt (kala namak)
- 1 tbsp tandoori masala, 2 tbsp cornflour
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp salt
- 2-3 drops of red colour, 2 tbsp oil
Method of Chicken Tikka
- Cut chicken into 1½-2" tikka pieces (about 12 pieces). Wash chicken pieces and pat dry on a kitchen towel. Prick with a fork. Marinate in the 1st marinade for ½ hour in a flat dish.
- In a bowl mix all ingredients of 2nd marinade. Add only the chicken pieces discarding the liquid. Marinate for 2 hours or more.
- At serving time, grease the non stick tawa. Place the chicken pieces on it. Place the tawa on low rack and roast chicken for 15-20 minutes at 180°C till cooked and golden. Turn side and grill for 2 minutes. Serve sprinkled with chaat masala.